Grant Management Essentials
Winning Grants is Only the Beginning. . .
Learn How to Manage Them!
Effective grant management is essential to your organization’s health, and this workshop will show you how to do it right! You examine critical legal and policy considerations, plus you focus on the tasks, responsibilities, practices, and real-world situations that grant managers confront every day. It’s an approach we call “operational realism.”
Managing grants successfully:
- Protects your organization from the negative consequences of bad audits, disallowed costs, and lost funder confidence
- Helps you build solid, productive relationships with funders that contribute to future grant awards
- Contributes to the operation of effective programs that achieve meaningful outcomes
Why this learning lasts
Grant Management Essentials uses The Grantsmanship Center’s Listen & Discuss, Do & Review® curriculum, which combines presentations, discussions, and practical, hands-on exercises. Immediately put new knowledge into practice, build powerful skills, and retain what you learn. It's active learning that puts theory right into practice.
In this training you learn:
- Organizational requirements for solid grant management
- Roles and responsibilities of members of a grant management team
- Pre-award activities that will set your grant program on the right track
- Essential post-award functions involved in start-up, operation, and closeout
- Steps to take to ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Critical aspects of managing grant finances
- Ins and outs of procurement and the disposition of property
- Way to determine and manage indirect costs
- Policies and circulars for compliance
All of this—in only 2 days!
Return to your organization with checklists to use on the job, in-depth articles on critical grant management topics, and a firm grasp on the activities and approaches that will make your grant management a success!
Team-taught by two outstanding experts
Created by two of the nation's leading experts in the field, this training is fast-paced, making an onerous topic approachable and understandable.
Henry Flood, the Center’s Senior Advisor for Grant Management, has been teaching, consulting, and writing nationally-recognized articles on grants management for 35 years. Flood was honored with a lifetime achievement award by the National Association for Grants Management in 2013.
Barbara Floersch, brings more than 35 years of experience in nonprofit management, grant proposal writing, grants administration, and nonprofit consulting. Barbara's approach combines the practical with the essential.
You’re not alone when this training is over
As a graduate of Grant Management Essentials, you receive six months of Associate Membership in The Grantsmanship Center’s Membership Program at no additional cost. This helps you:
- Find funders. You have access to GrantDomain, our user-friendly, continuously updated database of foundation, corporate, and federal grantmakers. GrantDomain helps you target appropriate funders, while saving you aggravation, time, and money.
- Continue to upgrade your skills. Take advantage of tuition discounts on other training programs, publications, consulting services, and more.
- Find the answers you need. Ask The Center! Need help untangling application guidelines or handling tricky situations? We're here to help our alumni find answers.
Tuition for the 2-day Grant Management Essentials workshop is $795. This fee includes a binder of powerful resources and a flash drive with even more plus follow-up support for 6 months—at no additional cost.
Receive a $100 early bird discount when you register and pay for a Grant Management Essentials training at least six weeks before the training.
Build your team: $50 tuition discount for additional registrants from the same organization. Please note: only one discount per person. Choose what works best for your situation.
Choose the venue that best for you. Register online. Or call The Grantsmanship Center’s Registrar: 800-421-9512 or 213-482-9860. We'll be glad to help.
Details and logistics
- Once we receive payment (or a purchase order) we confirm your enrollment by email, giving you directions to the training location plus parking info.
- Dress for comfort.
- The training begins at 9:00 am and ends by 4:30 pm on both days.
- Morning and afternoon refreshments are included. Lunch is on your own -- choose a local spot from the list provided.
- You receive a complete manual of training materials when you arrive at the training.
Bring this Workshop to Your Community!
Train staff at no cost while helping nonprofits in your community build capacity by hosting this training!