Hosting Training Programs
Bring The Grantsmanship Center to Your Community
When you want community-based, top-of-the-line training, at no cost, for key members of your staff, consider hosting one of our grant proposal development or social enterprise trainings.
Our experienced staff will work with you every step of the way to make sure the training is a success, bringing maximum benefit to your organization and your community.
"Our experience with hosting has been superb. Your training program coordinators answer all our needs and provide very useful resource materials. The programs themselves are always well received, and we look forward to hosting them year after year."
Patrick Golden, Program Services Director
Williamsburg Regional Library
Williamsburg Regional Library
How Your Organization Benefits
- Up to three staff members (or anyone else you designate) may attend the training at no cost.
- You may train additional staff, as well, without incurring travel expenses.
- You’ll enhance the visibility of your organization and its work.
- Your organization will build new professional relationships in your community that can pay off for years to come.
- Your organization will receive a no-cost account in The Grantsmanship Center’s Membership Program. Membership benefits include full access to GrantDomain, our user-friendly and continuously updated database of private and government grantmakers.
How Your Community Benefits
- By bringing together participants from a wide variety of organizations, you help build your community’s capacity across sectors.
- The friendly, informal learning environment that characterizes our trainings generates new professional relationships among the participants.
- Local organizations that have little or no budget for travel expenses can get the training they need.
What the Host Provides
- A comfortable, handicapped-accessible facility. We recommend a minimum room size of 30’ x 40’, as well as several break-out rooms.
- Support during the training, including refreshments, supplies, and equipment. (The Grantsmanship Center will reimburse the expenses you incur for refreshments, photocopying, and publicity, up to $1,000 for a 5-day training, or $500 for a 2-day training.)
- Assistance in publicizing the training locally to ensure a full enrollment. We’ll work with you to design and implement a promotion plan that includes a variety of proven approaches. Publicity is a joint effort, and we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Please note: Any of our six standard training programs may be hosted, but there are special hosting requirements for Social Enterprise for Nonprofits workshop and Research Proposal Workshop
Get in Touch
We'd love to talk with you about bringing our training to your community. We may already have a long-term host in your area or an event in the planning stages but we're always interested in seeing how we can help you meet your needs.
If you're interested in hosting, or have questions about hosting, email Gail Brauner, Gail@tgci.com or Stephanie Dameron, Stephanie@tgci.com, or call (800) 421-9512 or (213) 482-9860. Or simply complete the Hosting Interest form below, and we’ll contact you.
Hosting Interest Form